The other day I posted about Rita Emmett and her different outlook on New Year's resolutions by looking at achievements instead of all the things that you didn’t do or should have done…..boohoo.
Here are some of mine. What are yours?
Achievements of 2011:
- Got my motor boat license at last after 15 years! It's never too late!
- Took indoors rock climbing courses
- Attended my oriental dance class regularly (versus once in a
blue moon!) and actually made some progress! DUH! ; )
- Found a new power plate coach and kept up with it twice a
week for 8 months in a row!
- Declutterred hand bags, shoes, clothes, towels and bed sheets
- Paid off an old dentist debt
- Learned to let go
- Attended a one-week personal growth course in Boston
- Attended the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics’s Annual
Meeting in San Diego
- Started my blog
- Read the Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Spent some quality time with my friends in Boston and my family in L.A.
- Started a Gratitude Journal - love it!
Goals & Objectives for 2012:
- Start my own book club (first meeting already next week!)
- Get my blog to grow and have a positive impact on people's lives even if tiny!
- Get my motorbike license
- Keep up with my power plate classes and add yoga at least
once a week (doing good so far!) plus reintegrate pilates into
my fitness routine
- Attend the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics’s Annual Meeting
in Philadelphia in the Fall
- Have more faith in life and worry less! ; )
- Surround myself with happy, positive and enthusiastic people
- Stretch out of my comfort zone starting off with a trek in
Patagonia and by taking a right at every intersection possible
What are your goals and objectives for 2012? Whatever you decide to do, I wish you to take a right at the intersection in your life whenever possible. And if too scary at first, try at least one. Rome wasn’t built in a day. You can start over your life every day, one day at a time, one small step at a time.
Carpe Diem! (=seize the day!)
Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter (@Kimschi) for more bits and pieces. ; )